USTB faculty do more than just teach. They are distinguished scientists and researchers, authors, and public intellectuals.
Through teaching, research, and service, they play an essential role in helping USTB achieve its vision.
1. Posts and Supporting Policies
(1) Eminent scientists and/or engineers
a. USTB provides a minimum annual payment of 800,000 RMB (before tax), with regular teaching and research subsidies, bonus, and allowances from departments, institutes and schools.
b. Housing subsidies will be granted accordingly.
c. USTB provides 5-10 million RMB start-up capital for science and engineering research, and 1-3 million RMB for Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences research.
(2) Leading academics
a. USTB provides a minimum annual payment of 650,000 RMB (pre-tax), with regular teaching and research subsidies, bonuses, and allowances from departments, institutes and schools.
b. USTB provides 2-3 million RMB housing subsidies.
c. USTB provides start-up capital for science and engineering research, varying from 3 to 6 million RMB and that for Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences research varying from 500,000 RMB to 1 million RMB.
(3) Young top-notch talents
a. USTB provides a minimum annual payment of 400,000 RMB, with regular teaching and research subsidies, bonuses, and allowances from departments, institutes and schools.
b. USTB offers 1 million RMB housing subsidies.
c. USTB provides 1.5 million RMB start-up capital for science and engineering research, and 500,000 RMB for Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences research.
(4) USTB-recognized titles, distinguished professors and distinguished associate professors
a. USTB will appoint young talents who have achieved an outstanding performance in their corresponding disciplines, and who have demonstrated talent or academic potential as distinguished professors, distinguished associate professors respectively, with equal welfare benefits for professors or associate professors. Top ones can be listed as “USTB Young Scholar”, with extra subsidies of 80,000 RMB per year.
b. USTB provides a 500,000 RMB (minimum) start-up capital for distinguished professors for science and engineering research, or 200,000 RMB (minimum) for economic, humanities and social sciences research; 300,000 RMB (minimum) start-up capitals for distinguished associate professors for science and engineering research, or 100,000 RMB (minimum) for Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences research.
(5) International faculty
a. International teachers meeting the qualification of the USTB Recruitment Program can apply for the listed positions in the Program. Employed teachers will be contracted as USTB teaching staff, enjoying the same salary, subsidies and bonus as their counterpart USTB teaching staff..
b. Associate professors or professors at prominent international universities or scientific institutions can apply for the position of visiting professors (either as full-time or part-time).
The enrollment of all afore-mentioned people in the local Social Insurance Program will be processed in accordance with relevant national policies and standard practices. Should the candidate have children and meet certain requirements they may be enrolled in an affiliated kindergarten or school. Those with necessary qualifications can join in the integrated innovative research institute — USTB’s talents tank. What is left unmentioned in this notice can be discussed in interviews.
2. Recruitment Procedure
(1) Applicants must submit their materials to the email addresses released by various departments (See the attachment). The application should contain the following items:
a. CV, including personal information, education and work experiences, publications, research projects (the impact factors and JRC partitions indicated), patents and awards, etc. within the five year period before applying.
b. Attachments, including ID-card/passport, education and degree certificates, employment certificate, proof materials of research projects, front pages of publications, award certificate, as well as patent certificate, etc.
(2) The employing departments screen the applicants according to the positions available and their qualifications.
(3) The employing departments follow the procedures of preliminary interview, trial lecture, and comprehensive observation.
(4) On the basis of the candidates proposed by all employing departments, the Department of Human Resources and Talent Affairs Section will determine the final employment list according to the relevant regulations and procedures of the university.
3. Application Notes
(1) The applicant must uphold the lines, principles and policies of the Chinese Communist Party, love China, commit to the development of higher education with a strong sense of responsibility, professionalism and dedication.
(2) The applicant must hold a Ph.D degree and be under the age of 35, be doctoral graduates, postdoctoral fellows, overseas returnees or personnel transferred to the USTB. Age requirement may be less strict with senior professors or specialists.
(3) The proposed personnel with no postdoctoral experience must carry out research in the USTB Center for Postdoctoral Studies. Special disciplines may have a permissible exclusion from the requirement.
For questions please contact us.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Mr Yu, Talent Affairs Section Tel: +86-10-62333640
Mr.Gu, Personnel & Salary Section Tel: +86-10-62332009
Ms.Zhang, Postdoctoral Affairs Section Tel: +86-10-62333650
Mailing address: The Department of Human Resources of USTB, 30 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing
Zip code: 100083
WeChat Official Account: USTB-HR USTB_POSTDOC
We sincerely welcome outstanding talents at home and abroad to join us and apply various talents programs supported by USTB. We can work together for great brilliance.